The story of Cafe Rio
The year was 1997. The place, a little town in southern Utah called St. George. A lovely couple named Steve and Patricia Stanley started a restaurant called Cafe Rio Mexican Grill.
Cafe Rio served authentic dishes derived from inspired recipes and traditional cooking of Northern Mexico’s Rio Grande region, Southern Texas, and New Mexico. Central to every bite was the belief that every ingredient must be fresh and made fresh to order. And you know what? People loved it. They couldn’t get enough of it. So much so, that one restaurant became six.
In 2004, these six little restaurants caught the attention of a fine gentleman named Bob Nilsen. He purchased Cafe Rio from the Stanleys with the idea of spreading the love of making this fresh Mexican food to everyone in and around Utah and beyond. He made sure to keep the mantra of “fresh food, made fresh” at the very core of the brand.
No freezers. No microwaves. Nothing premade.
Our staff begins each day, hand-squeezing limes, hand-scooping avocados, simmering sauces and preparing desserts. The crowds that line up at our eighty-five Cafe Rio locations today aren’t the only ones to take notice. We’ve won over 100 awards, from the Best of City Search and the Oxnard Salsa Festival to the Inc. 500 and the Alfred P. Sloan Award. And you know what else? We’re just getting started.
GREAT food, GREAT people, HIGH energy... GREAT CAREER!
Our Restaurant Managers work side-by-side with team members in order to deliver guests the freshest, most delicious food north of the border.
The front of the house is the face of Cafe Rio and the General Manager is the voice.
Managers are responsible for guiding their teams, executing restaurant operations, ensuring food safety and quality, upholding company policies and procedures, and all the things that kind of go without saying.
GM’s exemplify our culture and values, leading with integrity, professionalism and a positive attitude. They understand that it’s all about the food and delivering the food with a smile is equally important.
And EVERYONE is a partner in the growth and success of Cafe Rio! We thank all members by sharing any $ucce$$ directly with them, as a thanks for all of the hard work and enthusiasm.
What We're Looking For:
- Restaurant Leader - This isn't your first rodeo. You've learned and honed your skills in the restaurant and hospitality industry and served up thousands of tasty meals. You know how to run the heck out of a restaurant and are looking for your next big adventure as a manager.
- Food Fanatic - You're crazy about food; the look, the taste, the smell, even the sound it makes when you chop through fresh produce. You take pride in every step of its transformation into a masterful meal.
- Host with the Most – As a manager you know service and hospitality are two totally different things. You make people feel welcome and a part of the family. You know what they need before they need it; you know their names and their kids' names. And guess what, they know you too. They connect with your team and they keep coming back because when they're with you, they're home.
- People Developer - You know you're not a one person army... it takes a strong team to deliver a great product and outstanding service. You show your people how they can be their best. You're not only a manager, you’re a teacher, trainer, mentor and coach.
What It's Worth To Our Managers:
- Competitive pay - $40-96K (!!!)
- Monthly bonus program
- Paid time off
- Free meals (YES!)
- Healthcare plan
- 401K Plan
- Life insurance
- Ongoinging leadership training & development
- Plus, plenty of opportunity for career growth!
For GM's, we also offer:
A mobile phone, an annual “thank you” trip with the +1 of your choice and to top things off, there's a very nice "slice of the Fresh Lime Pie" (AKA - Profit sharing!!!)
What It Takes:
The ability to run a restaurant efficiently, of course with the fast, friendly, high-energy service our amigos have grown to know and love. Mentoring and coaching skills are also crucial to the success of your team.
PRIDE, PASSION, EXCELLENCE — This is what’s helped us stay #1 and we've set our sights on expanding.
Are you ready to grow your career?
Come join our team and see what it's like to run a real fresh, made from scratch, restaurant concept. Show us your culinary chops and restaurant management skills and we'll show you a very tasty tomorrow.
Come grow with us... we dare you!
Email your resume using the link below and we will keep you up to date on interview opportunities in your area!