Restaurant Manager or General Manager position
with a dynamic growing company?
At Corner Bakery Cafe we'll feed your career everyday. Our managers enjoy sensible hours, great benefits, a healthy smoke and fryer free environment, and our growth is on the rise!
About Our Growth
In December 2005, Il Fornaio, an upscale Italian dinner house with more than 20 locations, in conjunction with BRS, an equity firm out of New York, formed a partnership to buy Corner Bakery Cafe from Brinker International with the intent to aggressively grow the brand and help us realize our full potential in the marketplace.
Since 1995, BRS has invested in more than 30 companies in a wide range of industries. The firm is probably best known for its restaurant investments, which include Il Fornaio, McCormick & Schmick’s, Chevy’s Mexican Restaurants, California Pizza Kitchen, El Torito, Acapulco Restaurants, Au Bon Pain, Steak and Ale and Bennigan’s (while at Citicorp).
Our Management Philosophy.
At Corner Bakery Cafe, we keep it casual for our employees as well as our guests. That's why we don't set a lot of rules. Instead, we set high standards and ask that our managers demonstrate the following commitments:
- People - to treat others the way you would like to be treated, lead by example
- Sales - to continually provide legendary service, quality products and great operations
- Profitability - every action taken has a direct effect on profitability. We must do what is necessary to exceed our guests' expectations
The Benefits of Working at Corner Bakery
This is where working at Corner Bakery Cafe really gets tasty. Just look at all these benefits!
- A highly competitive salary, with increases based on performance.
- A 401(k) plan available after one year.
- Medical and dental insurance available after 31 days of employment. Vision coverage is also available.
- A monthly bonus plan based on restaurant performance.
- Vacation every six months.
- Health club reimbursement.
- Tuition assistance is provided for graduate or undergraduate classes at any accredited university for any degree related to current position and/or defined career objectives.
- Managing Partner Plan for our key GMs.
The qualifications and experience we look for in our management candidates include:
- Two to three years Restaurant Management experience
- Experience running FOH, BOH and Catering simultaneously
- Ability to work varied shifts and days of the week
- Fast casual experience is a plus
Management training at Corner Bakery Cafe provides a thorough education in every aspect of Corner Bakery Cafe management. Managers in Training receive comprehensive skills development that is consistent with individual ability and experience in a training program that lasts approximately eight weeks. Corner Bakery Cafe also provides ongoing development for all managers to enhance their skills and to learn new management techniques and procedures.
If all of this sound good to you, we'd like to hear from YOU!
To learn more, come meet with a CORNER BAKERY recruiter
at one of Restaurant Management Careers' Job Fairs!