Restaurant Management Job Fairs & Open House Interviews
Restaurant Job Interviews
- CORNER BAKERY CAFE - Hiring RESTAURANT MANAGERS for Jobs in the CHICAGO/CHICAGOLAND Area
Wed - Oct 16, 2019
* Interviews Are By Appointment Only *
(If available, additional location information may be found at bottom of page.)
Job Interview Details
Corner Bakery Cafe is hiring experience Managers in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs!
General Managers, Assistant Managers & Shift Leaders
We are hiring for opportunities throughout
Chicago, La Grange, Northbrook, Oak Brook, Oak Lawn, Skokie and Wilmette!
Corner Bakery Cafe is the type of restaurant or company you simply don't see much of anymore. While we understand the importance of a healthy bottom line, we also believe in simply being healthy -- knowing that we're all here to make a living. We are a team who believes a benefits package should always include the time and flexibility to balance life's demands. We believe in growing...together.
Established in Chicago in 1991, Corner Bakery Cafe is an industry-leading fast-casual restaurant featuring innovative, seasonal menu options. Named "One of the 10 Best Fast Casual Restaurants in America" by Parents Magazine and honored as the recipient of the 2010 Heart of the Workplace Award by People Report for integrating community involvement into our company culture.
As a Restaurant Manager at Corner Bakery Cafe, you will be responsible for exceptional food service, customer service and operations by managing dining room, kitchen and catering functions, while directing and motivating your team to provide customer service that elicits genuine smiles. Find some balance between your life and an exciting career in food service, and join the nation's leading bakery cafe as a Restaurant Manager today!
- Manage and motivate restaurant employees through constant communication and regular team meetings
- Make sure guests are receiving exceptional customer service at all times
- Maintain food service and production levels to ensure that food is prepared and served with the utmost quality
- Ensure operations are in accordance with kitchen sanitation and safety standards
- Start-up and shut-down of restaurant equipment and processes (opening/closing shifts)
- Handle inventory responsibilities including food orders and receipt
- Deliver food during peak hours of operation
- Manage store financials -- cash handling procedures and cost control (P & L)
- Perform administrative duties including required reporting
- A High School diploma; college degree is a plus
- Previous restaurant supervision or management
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to be on one's feet at least 8 hours per day and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills -- clear and professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize with efficiency
- A friendly and outgoing personality -- must enjoy interacting with and servicing others
- Sincerity, honesty and candidness with team members and guests alike
- Initiative, drive and a self-starting work ethic
- Ability to lead, motivate and build efficient work teams
- A love for the restaurant business and desire to create the ultimate guest experience
Corner Bakery Cafe Offers Its Restaurant Managers more growth. Better hours. Greater potential. All served in a culture that understands you have to have a life and need the time to enjoy it.
- A highly competitive salary with monthly bonus potential
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance, plus a 401(k) plan
- Dependent and health care spending accounts
- Flexible work hours and great working conditions -- no late nights and no liquor, steam tables or deep fryers
- Meal discounts, paid vacation, tuition assistance and health club reimbursement
- Extensive on-boarding and training program, plus on-going development opportunities
- Managing Partner Program for our exceptional performers
- Rapid growth and career advancement opportunities
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Then call for interview appointment information: (562) 596-7072
The ideal candidates will have previous restaurant experience as a General Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Senior Restaurant Manager, AGM, Assistant Store Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, F&B Manager, Banquet Manager, Service Manager, Floor Manager, Team Lead, Shift Supervisor, Team Leader, Shift Leader, Shift Manager or another restaurant or foodservice management position.
Additional Location Details