is hiring talented
in the Raleigh area!
At K&W Cafeterias, we fully embrace the notion that it’s more than preparing and serving delicious food; it’s feeding families and being part of something special. Here, our family serves yours. Join our family that has been proudly serving local communities fresh, home-style meals with a smile for over 80 years.
We are currently seeking restaurant Assistant Managers with the talent, integrity, and passion to promote our culture of proving excellent customer service to our guests. At K&W, we know that successful people are the foundation of our company.
In this non-exempt, hourly management position, you will support the General Manager with all operational initiatives and assist with all daily management tasks including but not limited to staff supervision, food safety and quality control, customer service, store sanitation, inventory management and menu planning.
Assistant Managers Primary Responsibilities:
- Assist the General Manager in the day-to-day store operations.
- Assist the GM with staff supervision including recruiting & onboarding of new hires, scheduling, and performance management.
- Responsible for employee uniform inventory and ordering, to include safety shoe program.
- Maintaining petty cash and change inventory under the direction of the GM and in accordance policies.
- Responsible for supporting the GM with all store sanitation policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all food and store safety protocols and checklists are adhered to.
- Responsible for assisting the General Manager with various administrative and managerial tasks including but not limited to store maintenance, in-house marketing, finance, labor, payroll, safety & sanitation, and inventory control.
- Assist with quality assurance and food safety procedures to include food quality, safe handling procedures, food line presentation and temperature control.
- Ensure compliance with State and local health codes at all times.
- Provide exceptional guest service, resolve any customer concerns, and ensure all team members are providing a positive guest experience.
- Assist the General Manager with weekly food inventory.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a leadership role in retail, restaurant, or hospitality.
- Education and training associated with completion of a high school diploma and college coursework in hospitality or business is preferred.
- Sound business acumen and principles, strong leadership skills and exceptional customer service skills.
- Computer proficiency including working knowledge of MS Word & Excel.
- The successful completion of required pre-employment screening including a background check and MVR.
- Position requires standing and walking for periods of 2-5 hours without a rest break, and task sequencing and the completion of complex administrative responsibilities.
- Lifting and carrying, bending, and reaching overhead is required.
Work environment includes heavy customer contact, working with cooking equipment and slippery walking surfaces.
- Position is under minimum levels of day-to-day supervision.
Compliance with position uniform standards and adherence to all company policies are required.
Assistant Manager Benefits Include:
- Highly Competitive Starting Pay
- Bonus Opportunities
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- NO Late Nights / Early Closing Hours
- 5 day work weeks, with 2 consecutive days off
We would love to hear from you!
The ideal management candidate will have experience as a Restaurant Manager, AGM, Assistant Manager, Service Manager, Floor Manager, Retail Manager, Shift Manager, or another Restaurant or Retail management position.