UNIVERSAL CITYWALK HOLLYWOOD is HIRING!
CHEFS + SOUS CHEFS
Restaurant concepts include:
NBC SPORTS GRILL & BREWS
THE TOOTHSOME CHOCOLATE EMPORIUM & SAVORY FEAST KITCHEN
Universal City / Universal CityWalk Hollywood
SUMMARY: We are hiring Chefs and Sous Chefs for openings at multiple high-volume restaurant concepts at Universal CityWalk! The Restaurant Chef and Sous Chef will be responsible for directing, managing and operating a high-volume branded concept on City Walk. These positions will be a primary “go-to” for the kitchen team and responsible for the functions and flow of the back of the house. The Chef and Sous Chef are responsible for ensuring that the food served always meets or exceeds standards of excellence at all times. These positions are responsible for setting the expectations for all kitchen team members to maximize productivity.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
MANAGEMENT BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Competitive starting pay
- Achievable bonus opportunities
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Upward mobility / Advancement opportunities as we continue to open many new restaurants!
KITCHEN MANAGERS, CHEF AND SOUS CHEF RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Hire and train kitchen staff in specific stations, and cross-train as necessary
• Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure there are always enough workers to meet the demand
• Maintain inventory levels and conduct full inventories
• Order supplies, food and ingredients based on rapidly shifting demand
• Schedule and oversee necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances
• Assist the General Manager with menu changes and adjustments
• Respond personally to guest questions and complaints
• Maintain a clean workspace and all times
• Work at a fast and efficient pace, the Restaurant Chef is a “working chef”
• Ability to read and follow recipes as well as follow up with prep and line cooks food preparation
• Has a thorough knowledge of food cost, labor cost and inventory functions
• Chemical safety comprehension
• Analyze financial reports to quickly identify and address trends and issues in area performance, including cost of goods, variable labor and profitability
• Exceed annual operating profit targets
- Proven track record and experience in the development and implementation of strong training programs and tools developed to reduce employee attrition and create internal culture of development for staff.
- Recent Chef or Sous Chef experience in a high-volume restaurant
- Excellent management skills in leading a diverse team and working under tight and fast track deadlines.
- Strong P&L experience, command of budgeting, scheduling and costs controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, planning, delegation, mentoring and coaching skills.
- A strong passion for delivering the highest quality of guest service and superior food concepts.
Join our team to take advantage of excellent benefits and advancement opportunities!
The ideal candidate will have recent experience in a high-volume casual dining restaurant as a Chef, Restaurant Chef, Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Kitchen Manager, Culinary Manager, or another similar position.
Chef and Kitchen/Culinary/Back of House (BOH)/Heart of House (HOH) management jobs in Los Angeles, CA at Universal CityWalk Hollywood.