is seeking an experienced
FRONT OF HOUSE RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR
SEAL BEACH, CA
201 Main St, Seal Beach, CA 90740
COMPETITIVE HOURLY RATE!
$23 - $28 / Hour, depending on experience
Walt’s Wharf is a landmark Southern California seafood restaurant, which has been family owned and operated for over 50 years. Located in beautiful downtown Seal Beach, we are known for our live oak grill and fresh caught seafood. We pride ourselves on offering high-quality seafood, great wine and exceptional service. We are seeking an experienced Restaurant General Manager who has a great palate and truly appreciates fine food and wine.
- Complete opening and closing duties as assigned and to standard.
- Seat Guests as reserved or on a walk-in basis, promptly and courteously, accommodating special requests.
- Ensure the transfer of guest checks from bartender and cocktail servers to dining room servers.
- Anticipate Guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly in resolving Guest complaints.
- Follow Manager’s instructions.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of and Guest restrooms.
- Guide the activities of the assigned assistants to ensure optimum service to Guests.
- Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to Manager.
- Legibly document orders when point of sale system is inoperative and distribute orders to appropriate stations.
- Complete comp’s or voids as needed during the shift.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule for each shift.
- Update menus and wine lists for managers.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Supervise the flow of the restaurant during shift: being active at the front desk, dining room, bar and kitchen throughout the dining period, and assuring that all areas of service are being met to our high standards.
- Touches guest tables during each shift to build and maintain relationships, and resolve any issues.
- Assists with monitoring and managing daily sales, and establishing the appropriate labor needs in real-time.
- Assists with team goals, training and coaching, and follows up on measurements and results.
- Ensures that all food products meet company recipe specifications for preparation and quality.
- Assists in with marketing and social media programs.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of two years experience as a FOH Supervisor in a high volume, full service restaurant.
- Food Handler Card
- Seafood knowledge preferred.
- Flexible schedule required-able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Good longevity in current and past positions.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs, and carry items upstairs and to storage unit.
- Ability to move through 24 inch aisles and spaces as small as 12 inches
The ideal candidate will have experience as a full-service Floor Manager, Restaurant Supervisor, Manager on Duty (MOD), FOH Supervisor, Shift Supervisor, Restaurant Manager, Assistant Manager, Dining Manager, Service Manager, or another high volume, full service management position.
Restaurant management jobs in Seal Beach, CA (Orange County / South Los Angeles area).