Walt's Wharf is seeking an experienced General Manager!
Position: Restaurant General Manager
Location: Walt's Wharf: 201 Main St, Seal Beach, CA 90740
Walt’s Wharf is a landmark Southern California seafood restaurant, which has been family owned and operated for over 50 years. Located in beautiful downtown Seal Beach, we are known for our live oak grill and fresh caught seafood. We pride ourselves on offering high-quality seafood, great wine and exceptional service. We are seeking an experienced Restaurant General Manager who has a great palate and truly appreciates fine food and wine.
Benefits for General Manager:
- Competitive Salary: $82,000 - $86,000 base salary (depending on experience) + significant, realized bonus (paid out by period)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Shift Meal and Dining Discount
- Medical insurance (with Dental and Vision options)
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
General Manager Essential Responsibilities:
- Oversee the restaurant’s daily operations: everything from ordering, purchasing, receiving, storage, and preparation of all food products to guest relations, flow of business, and service standards.
- Oversee the flow of the restaurant during business hours: being active at the front desk, dining room, bar and kitchen throughout the dining period, and assuring that all areas of service are being met to our high standards.
- Touch guest tables during each shift to build and maintain relationships, and resolve any issues.
- Investigate and resolve all complaints, from team disputes to guest complaints.
- Responsible for all financial operations of the restaurant.
- Forecast, plan and monitor daily sales, and the appropriate labor needs in real-time.
- Approve schedules, payroll, OT, and any exceptions.
- Communicate regularly with owners on all financial, property, team, or guest related issues.
- Interview and select new team members, and act as the final decision on team hiring.
- Complete New Hire paperwork and oversee training of new team members.
- Lead any human resource issues and communicate these promptly to owners.
- Lead pre-shift for FOH team.
- Chair weekly management meeting to review sales, costs, issues, planning, policies, and standards.
- Set team goals, follow up on results and measurements, and course-correct when needed.
- Ensure that all food products meet company recipe specifications for preparation and quality.
- Routinely post creative content to social media.
General Manager Essential Skills / Experience:
- Seven years of experience as a Manager in a full service, high volume restaurant.
- Two years of experience as a General Manager in a full service casual dining or fine dining restaurant.
- Seafood knowledge and prior kitchen experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule required. Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Good longevity in current and past positions.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs, and carry upstairs or take to storage unit (150 ft).
The ideal candidate will have experience as a full-service Restaurant General Manager, GM, Store Manager, Unit Manager, Multi-Unit Manager, Senior Manager, AGM, Restaurant Manager, Area Manager, District Manager, or another high volume, full service RGM level management position.
Restaurant management jobs in Seal Beach, CA (Orange County / Los Angeles area).