Washington, DC + Laurel, MD & Alexandria, VA
&pizza is hiring experienced
Restaurant General Managers
throughout the Washington, DC area!
DC Area Locations include:
Adams Morgan, Barracks Row, Broccoli City Bar, Brookland, Chinatown, Columbia Heights, Dupont South,
E Street, Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, H Street, K Street, Rayburn House, U Street, Union Station
+ NEW locations opening soon in Laurel and Alexandria!
&pizza is a DC based pizza brand known for its craft pizzas, trademark ampersand, inventive flavor combination, + dedication to the communities it serves.
Founded in 2012 in DC’s historic H Street NE corridor, &pizza set out to create a different kind of pizza shop — one where experience is the focal point + every shop feels local to its neighborhood.
Our General Managers (aka Shop Leaders) are responsible for the day to day operations, delivering on our brand promise to our team and guests, and driving top notch results across key performance indicators.
In addition, our General Managers / Shop Leaders oversee all people activities from staffing to developing a pipeline of strong internal talent to lead our future Shops.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead daily operations through scheduling, ordering, + developing team members.
- Manage P+L by following cash control/security procedures, managing inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, + taking proactive steps + actions to drive the business
- Leads weekly manager + pre-shift meetings to drive key goals + objectives throughout the Shop
- Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest experience, + ensures consistent execution against quality standards.
- Adheres to health + safety codes, as well as Company safety + security policies
- Recruits interviews, + hires team members, conducts performance reviews + recommends pay increases, teaches + coaches, + develops future leaders for the business
- Engages in feedback conversation + manages performance
- Follows preventative maintenance program with regards to facility, equipment, + grounds maintenance
- Builds relationships with vendors, community + neighbors
General Manager Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED; advanced degree a plus
- At least 2 years of experience leading a restaurant, managing financials and overseeing upwards of 25 employees
- At least 18 years of age
- Food Handlers license or ServSafe certification required
- Exceptional communications skills (verbal/written) with the ability to effectively interact with both internal + external guests.
- Tech savvy; gets point of sale software, and restaurant back of office software and reporting tools, including labor scheduling and inventory
- Available to work late nights, weekends and holidays
- Able to on feet for extended periods of time + lift 30lbs at a time.
General Manager Benefits:
- Unmatched growth opportunity—we’re opening 24 shops in the next 12-18 months
- Flexible scheduling to match your lifestyle (4 day work weeks at our late night shops)
- We celebrate oneness and individuality, i.e. come as you are
- Solid Compensation + quarterly bonuses
- Medical, dental, + vision benefits
- Tax-free Commuter Benefits
- Paid time off, including Thanksgiving Day + Christmas day
- Company 401k + a Holiday Party like no other
- Free pies (yup, free), company swag you’ll actually want to wear, + bragging rights!
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Apply to this posting
Or email your resume to: ADCF220@FoodBizJobs.com
Then call to schedule an appointment:
The ideal candidate will have experience as an District Manager, Area Manager, Regional Manager, Operations Manager, Area Coach, General Manager
&pizza is an Equal Opportunity Employer