is hiring experienced
Opportunities available in:
CAMPBELL + SANTA CLARA, CA
$750 Sign-On Bonus is currently available to the newly hired Kitchen Managers in Campbell and Santa Clara.
Sign-on bonus will be paid as 50% on first check and 50% after 90 days of employment
We invented the Wrapp concept! Since the ‘90’s, World Wrapps has been known for their gourmet burrito-sandwich fusion, folding the world’s greatest cuisines into a delicious portable lunch. Bringing the brand into the new millennium and appealing to the varied appetites of the next generation, World Wrapps 2.0 now serves only top-of-the-line ingredients, stuffed into the diner’s choice of freshly-pressed flatbreads, nori wraps, rice paper, or wholesome bowls. It’s fresh, innovative and elevated 5-star fast-casual, and it's hand delivered everywhere!
- Highly competitive pay
- Medical, dental & vision insurance (World Wrapps pays 100% for the principal and 50% for dependents!)
- Life insurance
- Excellent bonus program
- Paid time off
- Career advancement opportunities within a growing company
Kitchen Manager Summary: The Kitchen Manager serves as a Guest Service Ambassador by ensuring that World Wrapps food always meets or exceeds our standards of excellence. While the KM reports to the GM, it is expected that this manager would have the responsibility for setting the expectation for all kitchen team members to work as a team and maximize productivity; while also ensuring that World Wrapps Non-Negotiables are adhered to on all shifts.
The Kitchen Manager is the living embodiment of the World Wrapps vision, values and standards at all times including: team and guest relationships, cleanliness, organization, adherence to specs, and food quality and safety. The Kitchen Manager must be able to work effectively with limited supervision and demonstrate leadership to motivate others. This is a “working” supervisory position and the KM is expected to work alongside line cooks to be able to coach and lead throughout the shift and help ensure the accuracy and speed of the team.
Kitchen Manager Responsibilities:
- A leadership position responsible for (partnering with the GM): development and retention, and BOH team operations to support our most critical success factors-food quality
- Manage our food quality standards by consistently monitoring recipe adherence, cooking methods, preparation methods, and bowl/wrapp presentation
- Utilize checklists (w/ pars) in kitchen prep, line prep, food temp/taste, opening & closing
- Maintain food safety as a highest priority by consistently monitoring product temperatures, storage, cooking methods, cleanliness and sanitation
- Manage the reporting of all food cost and usage, and the weekly inventory for the store
- Handle and maintain BOH ordering
- Manage inventory rotation and product storage standard
- Develop and cross-train all BOH team members
- Ensure a sense of urgency from all kitchen team members - Assign daily workstations and manage breaks
- Perform basic repairs as needed to the kitchen equipment or seek the help of a professional to perform repairs
- Fill positions in BOH (& sometimes FOH) to maintain strong service standards & store operation
- Competence in and adherence to all labor laws and food safety laws
- Overall organization of the back of the house
- Maintain positive and professional vendor relationships
- In coordination with the GM, make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and progressive disciplining
- Partner with other store managers to plan menu programs for specials and catering
- Prepare all required paperwork in an organized and timely manner including Weekly Packet
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Manage, train and motivate a diverse team
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Handle the pressure to simultaneously coordinate a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant challenges
- Knowledge of computers to fulfill management administration responsibilities
- Stand and walk for long periods of time, 8 hours or more
- Lift to up to 50 lbs.
- ServSafe certified
- Understand recipes and food prep procedures in order to effectively manage the standards with kitchen team members
- Develop mutual respect among team members to ensure success and excellence
- Prior kitchen leadership experience required (min. 2 years)
- A culinary degree is a plus. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered.
The ideal candidate will have recent experience as a General Manager, Restaurant Manager, Store Manager, Unit Manager, Multi Unit Manager, Operations Manager, District Manager, Area Manager, or another similar store management position.
Restaurant management jobs in Santa Clara and Campbell, CA (San Jose/San Francisco South Bay area).