BJ’S RESTAURANT & BREWHOUSE
is seeking experienced BOH CULINARY MANAGERS!
Opportunities available in:
NORMAN + OKLAHOMA CITY
$60,000 to $65,000* + Quarterly Bonus potential
*Negotiable, based on experience
BJ's Restaurants, Inc. is a publicly-traded, southern CA-based restaurant company with over 195 restaurants in major cities nationwide. BJ's finds success year after year with skilled hospitality teams: professionals who care about details, care about each other and are proud of what they do. Bj's strongly believes that craft matters, and is looking for talented managers who feel the same!
We are an award winning company anchored by solid hospitality and guided by our compass of quality. Our management team is keenly focused on talent building and development. New restaurant openings result in numerous career opportunities throughout the country.
Kitchen Manager Perks:
- Lucrative compensation package
- Growing company with 200+ restaurants and several new restaurant openings yearly across the country
- Career advancement and leadership conferences and development programs
- Comprehensive benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance and 401K
- Paid vacation time
- Culture that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion with our WeCAN & IDEA groups
- Community involvement and philanthropy – We love giving back to our communities!
- Quarterly bonus potential
- Daily Pay - On demand access to earned pay
- Fun environment
- Relocation opportunities throughout the country and More!
What is BJ’s Restaurants and Brewhouse?
We are an award-winning, casual dining restaurant that started as a pizzeria in 1978 in Santa Ana, CA. Since that time, we have opened over 214 restaurants across the U.S. and are on the journey to more than doubling our size. We are an exciting growing brand known for our trademarked Pizookie. We offer 140 menu items that includes pizza, salads, appetizers, sandwiches, soups, pastas, entrees, and craveable desserts, including our famous Pizookies, all created in a scratch kitchen. With our wide menu selection, combined with our award-winning crafted beer, made in one of our five breweries across the United States, it’s no surprise we have been recognized as one of the hottest restaurants in America.
We operate at the Gold Standard of operational excellence by instilling a culture of discipline, daily shift execution, and exceptional guest service into our managers, team members, and Restaurant Support Staff. We believe in CRAFT: connection, respect, advancement, fun, and trust. We strive to create an inclusive, safe and fun workplace where our team members have an opportunity to make a difference in our communities every day. About our team:
Over 95% of GMs and EKMs are promoted from within. We offer Gold Standard training programs designed to help you master your role and grow your career. All Director of Operations and above are promoted from within. We strive to promote 40% of our brand new Managers with no previous management experience from within our hourly ranks.
Senior Kitchen Manager Summary:
The Senior Kitchen Manager is responsible for managing all functions of the restaurant during opening, mid or closing shifts. Key responsibilities include hiring, managing, supervising and training restaurant team members, provide direction to the kitchen manager and kitchen team members, ensuring a gold standard guest experience, ensuring the safety of our guests, team members and property, overseeing the quality of our food and beverage offerings, and preparing and modifying team member work schedules and food and beverage orders to ensure appropriate inventory. The Senior Kitchen Manager is responsible for directing the operation of the restaurant, attaining sales, controlling costs, achieving profit objectives, and maintaining the highest standards of food quality, service, cleanliness, safety, and sanitation in partnership with the other managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform Open/Mid-Day/Closing duties
- Conduct daily briefings on matters of importance to the kitchen manager and team members
- Manage all necessary repair and maintenance issues, and supervise cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Ensure the production of high-quality foods on a consistent basis
- Ensure team member and kitchen manager compliance with all audit standards (internal and external audits)
- Update the daily communication board with key restaurant and promotion announcements
- Facilitate and direct all in-restaurant training programs
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in facilitating zone management (Hospitality, Guest Relations, Quality Fast)
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Company policies and laws, including health and safety standards
- Ensure compliance with BJ’s Code of Integrity, Ethics, and Conduct, BJ’s Seven Cs, and BJ’s Principles of Professional Service
Food & Beverage Execution:
- Ensure safety and sanitation in the restaurant
- Monitor food and beverage quality and execution and direct team members and kitchen manager to ensure compliance with BJ’s standards
- Assign and direct team member execution of cleanliness and safety procedures
- Provide coaching and general direction to Kitchen Manager(s) to ensure their effective leadership
- Conduct RAFTT (Recipe-Appearance-Flavor-Temperature-Texture) per BJ’s culinary guidelines
Team Member Relations:
- Coach, mentor, and discipline hourly team members
- Provide feedback to kitchen manager for career development and overall compliance with BJ’s standards
- Monitor and facilitate team member recognition
- Make recommendations concerning development, promotion, and disciplinary action affecting team members and kitchen manager(s) that are given serious weight by the Executive Kitchen Manager and General Manager
- Make hiring and termination decisions and/or making recommendations to General Manager regarding hiring and termination decisions which are given serious weight
- Cooperate with Team Member Relations Department and management team in investigating Team Member Hotline and Restaurant Support Center inquiries relating to restaurant
- Promote and develop in-restaurant training team and career progression (culinary mastery)
- Service Execution and Guest Relations
- Train, coach and develop team members and Kitchen Manager(s) to ensure they are providing Gold Standard service to BJ's guests and to each other in execution of their responsibilities within the kitchen
- Manage guest relations and guest recovery
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years high volume restaurant management experience
- High personal integrity, professionalism and maturity
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- Ability to motivate and direct team members and work effectively in management team
- Strong understanding of goals and objectives
- Good communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency in a high-performance, fast paced environment
- Exceptional guest service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to speak, read and write English
Are you passionate about craft beer, great food, and providing an all-around "WOW" experience for guests? If yes, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Kitchen Manager (KM), Culinary Manager, Executive Chef, Culinary Partner, Executive Kitchen Manager, Culinary Director or another similar Back of House (BOH)/Heart of House (HOH) Kitchen management position.
Restaurant culinary management jobs in/near Norman and Oklahoma City, OK.