HMSHOST / ESQUIRE GRILL
is seeking an experienced High-Volume KITCHEN MANAGER
to join the team at the SACRAMENTO AIRPORT!
PLUS BONUS POTENTIAL UP TO 20% QUARTERLY
Esquire Grill is located within the Sacramento Airport
HMSHost operates Quick Service, Bar, Casual Dining, and Fine Dining Restaurants across the country, and around the globe. Recognized as industry leaders, we create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. HMSHost will provide you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as a professional at our many branded restaurants.
Management Benefits Include:
- Highly Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- Flexible Daycare & Health Spending Accounts
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Time Off, Meals, Parking & More!
Summary: The Kitchen Manager supports the manager of a restaurant with medium sales volume and moderately complex kitchen and culinary operations and is responsible for day-to- day supervision of and assignment of work to non-management associates. This position is also responsible for implementing kitchen and culinary changes, as well as performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned Management of which associate is capable of performing. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Restaurant Manager, depending on local requirements.
Kitchen Manager Essential Functions:
* Ensures on a daily basis that the kitchen is staffed appropriately, the kitchen is clean, inventory levels are appropriate and equipment is working properly
* Supervises the day to day activities of kitchen staff and assigns responsibilities for specified work
* Continually monitors and updates prep, par and pull sheets
* Trains cooks and prep cooks
* Ensures recipe compliance and completes self-inspection reports
* Ensures expediting is performed correctly
* Maintains planograms for walk-ins
* Identifies hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other associate status change needs of the kitchen staff
* Complies with company and franchise standards of operation procedures, as well as those of all applicable regulatory agencies, and ensures on a daily basis that all products are prepared and presented in accordance with brand or company standards
* Provides the highest quality of customer service to the customers at all times, to include ensuring the proper training of all staff and supporting associates to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
* Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma; Inter- Provincial Red Seal certification in cooking preferred; brand certification a plus
* Requires 2 or more years of job-related experience in medium volume and/or multi-unit kitchen operations; 3 or more years preferred
* Demonstrates knowledge of product, customer service, services and quality standards required, equipment and operations standards required
* Demonstrates team management, delegation, issue resolution, coaching skills and ability to motivate others and act as a change agent
* Demonstrates organization and multi-project time/issue management
* Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
We would love to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will have recent experience as a Senior Manager, Assistant General Manager (AGM), Restaurant Manager, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, F&B Manager, Cafe Manager, Banquet Manager, Unit Manager, Hospitality Manager, Retail Manager, or another restaurant, retail or hospitality management position.
Minimum Age: 18 or older
Job Type: Full-time
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)
- Drug Free Workplace
Restaurant management jobs in Sacramento, CA.