UNIVERSAL CITYWALK HOLLYWOOD and UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD are HIRING!
KITCHEN MANAGERS + BOH MANAGERS of FOOD + SOUS CHEFS
SOUS CHEF -- $64,480 to $70,000
KITCHEN MANAGER -- $70,000 to $80,000
BOH MANAGER OF FOOD -- $65,000 to $80,000 (Bonus Eligible)
Restaurant concepts include:
ANTOJITOS COCINA MEXICANA
NBC SPORTS GRILL & BREW
VIVO ITALIAN KITCHEN
TOOTHSOME CHOCOLATE EMPORIUM & SAVORY FEAST KITCHEN
SUPERNINTENDO WORLD TOADSTOOL CAFÉ
WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER - 3 BROOMSTICKS RESTAURANT
SPECIALTY & QUICK SERVICE CONCEPTS:
PINK'S FAMOUS HOT DOGS, VOODOO DOUGHNUT,
MENCHIE'S FROZEN YOGURT, and CHICK CHICK CHICKEN
At Universal CityWalk and Universal Studios Hollywood!
SUMMARY: We are hiring Kitchen Managers, Sous Chefs, and BOH Managers of Food for openings at multiple high-volume restaurant concepts at Universal CityWalk and Universal Studios Hollywood. These positions will be a primary “go-to” for the kitchen team and responsible for the functions and flow of the back of the house. The Kitchen Managers, BOH Managers of Food, and Sous Chefs are responsible for ensuring that the food served always meets or exceeds standards of excellence at all times. These positions are responsible for setting the expectations for all kitchen team members to maximize productivity.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
MANAGEMENT BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Competitive starting pay
- Achievable bonus opportunities
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Upward mobility / Advancement opportunities as we continue to open many new restaurants!
• Hire and train kitchen staff in specific stations, and cross-train as necessary
• Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure there are always enough workers to meet the demand
• Maintain inventory levels and conduct full inventories
• Order supplies, food and ingredients based on rapidly shifting demand
• Schedule and oversee necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances
• Assist the General Manager with menu changes and adjustments
• Respond personally to guest questions and complaints
• Maintain a clean workspace and all times
• Work at a fast and efficient pace, the Restaurant Chef is a “working chef”
• Ability to read and follow recipes as well as follow up with prep and line cooks food preparation
• Has a thorough knowledge of food cost, labor cost and inventory functions
• Chemical safety comprehension
• Analyze financial reports to quickly identify and address trends and issues in area performance, including cost of goods, variable labor and profitability
• Exceed annual operating profit targets
- Proven track record and experience in the development and implementation of strong training programs and tools developed to reduce employee attrition and create internal culture of development for staff.
- Recent Chef or Sous Chef experience in a high-volume restaurant
- Excellent management skills in leading a diverse team and working under tight and fast track deadlines.
- Strong P&L experience, command of budgeting, scheduling and costs controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, planning, delegation, mentoring and coaching skills.
- A strong passion for delivering the highest quality of guest service and superior food concepts.
Join our team to take advantage of excellent benefits and advancement opportunities!
We would love to hear from YOU! Apply NOW to this posting!
The ideal candidate will have recent experience in a high-volume casual dining restaurant as a Chef, Restaurant Chef, Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Kitchen Manager, Culinary Manager, or another similar position.
Chef and Kitchen/Culinary/Back of House (BOH)/Heart of House (HOH) management jobs in Los Angeles, CA at Universal CityWalk Hollywood and Universal Studios Hollywood.