HMSHOST / BURGERS & BREWS is hiring
COOKS at the SACRAMENTO AIRPORT!
HOT FOODS COOK
>>> $17.30 Per Hour <<<
We are looking for Cooks with experience for the
BURGERS & BREWS restaurant located in the Sacramento Airport
HMSHost operates Quick Service, Bar, Casual Dining, and Fine Dining Restaurants. Master valuable skills. Assume greater responsibility and experience career satisfaction with HMSHost. Recognized as industry leaders, we create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. HMSHost will provide you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as a professional at our many branded restaurants.
Our Philosophy: We empower our team to succeed. We offer the resources, training and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation & Sick Time
- Retirement Savings Plan
- A variety of voluntary benefits (life insurance, disability, vision, and other protection benefits.)
- Free Meals
- Free Employee Parking
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Diverse customers and co-workers
- Clean, safe friendly work atmosphere
- Detailed training & opportunities for professional growth/advancement
Hot Foods Cook Summary: The Hot Foods Cook is responsible for preparing cooked foods, and must be able to perform all station functions of Fry, Flat Top Griddle, Pantry, and cooking eggs; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager depending upon local requirements.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and beverage products
- Tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment; Measures and mixes ingredients, washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables
- Stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Requires food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
- Frequently works in hot environment
Safety is our priority our COVID-19 protocols keep our associates and guests safe!
Minimum Age: 18 or older
Job Type: Full-time
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)
- Drug Free Workplace
We would love to hear from you!
Helpful experience can include Line Cook, Prep Cook, Grill Cook, Food Prep, Lead Cook, BOH Team member, Kitchen Staff, Sous Chef, etc.
Restaurant cook jobs in Sacramento, CA.