HMSHOST / SCREEN DOOR RESTAURANT
is seeking EXPERIENCED COOKS
to join our team at the PORTLAND AIRPORT!
>>> $21 / HOUR <<<
The Screen Door restaurant is located within PDX.
HMSHost operates Quick Service, Bar, Casual Dining, and Fine Dining Restaurants. Master valuable skills. Assume greater responsibility and experience career satisfaction with HMSHost. Recognized as industry leaders, we create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. HMSHost will provide you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as a professional at our many branded restaurants.
Master valuable skills, assume greater responsibility and experience career satisfaction with HMSHost. Recognized as industry leaders, we create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. HMSHost will provide you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as a professional at our many branded restaurants.
COOK BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal benefits
- Retirement savings plans
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – Refer a friend and earn a bonus!
COOK JOB SUMMARY:
The Cook is responsible for preparing cooked foods, and must be able to perform all station functions of Fry, Flat Top Griddle, Pantry, and cooking eggs; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager depending upon local requirements.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and beverage products
- Tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment; Measures and mixes ingredients, washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables
- Stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume and casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Requires food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
- Frequently works in hot environment
Minimum Age: 18 or older
Job Type: Full-time
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)
- Drug Free Workplace
We would love to hear from you!
Helpful experience can include Cooking, Grill Cook, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Food Prep, Lead Cook, BOH Team member, Kitchen Staff, Sous Chef, etc.
Restaurant cook jobs in Portland, Oregon.