UNIVERSAL CITYWALK HOLLYWOOD is HIRING!
HIGH-VOLUME LINE COOKS + PREP COOKS
We are hiring for multiple high-volume restaurant concepts at Universal Studios CityWalk:
ANTOJITOS COCINA MEXICANA, CHICK CHICK, MARGARITAVILLE,
VIVO ITALIAN KITCHEN, TOOTHSOME, THREE BROOMSTICKS,
NBC UNIVERSAL + VIP DINING
Starting at $16 to $20 per hour, negotiable based on experience + Benefits
Full Time or Part Time positions are available, with flexible hours!
SUMMARY: CityWalk Line Cooks and Prep Cooks are responsible for managing the daily preparation of food items and cooking/plating all food orders in an efficient, safe and attractive manner. Line cooks and Prep Cooks will prepare food according to proper food safety procedures and established company recipe standards while keeping kitchen and food areas clean at all times.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
- Competitive starting pay
- Universal Hollywood discounts
- Career advancement opportunities
- Full-time and part-time openings, with flexible hours
- Excellent training
- Paid time off for full time employees
- Medical, dental & vision for full time employees
COOK RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Moves with a sense of urgency by preparing guests’ food orders. Prepares a variety of foods including but not limited to: meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable and cold food items. Weighs and measures ingredients for cooking.
• Ensures all food items are served at the correct temperature, prepared to spec and all line builds and plating presentation standards followed.
• Stock and set up station by collect all necessary supplies and ingredients to set up for daily business. Prepare and collect garnishes and/or other assigned menu items for allocated station. Completes all opening, running, and closing duties as assigned.
• Clean and sanitize work stations. Return dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas. Maintain and cleans kitchen before, after and during shift.
• Cover, date and correctly store all food items as per safe food •handling procedures.
• Adheres to standards of handling, preparing, serving and holding food products including but not limited to: FIFO, Temperature Danger Zone, cross •contamination.
• Promote and provide extraordinary guest service for both internal and external guests; answer questions, offer information, and provide assistance in a courteous manner.
• Understand and demonstrate the proper use of safety practices and ensure department standards are maintained and safety policies are upheld.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older and have previous cook and or prep experience in a HIGH-volume restaurant.
Join our team to take advantage of excellent benefits and advancement opportunities!
Line Cook, Prep Cook, Food Prep, Grill Cook, Fry Cook, Lead Cook, Sous Chef, Kitchen Staff, Cooking, Food Prep, Prepared Foods, BOH/HOH Culinary Team Member, etc.
Kitchen/Culinary/Back of House (BOH)/Heart of House (HOH) jobs at Universal CityWalk Hollywood. (Los Angeles, CA)