BLACK BEAR DINER
BACK OF HOUSE/KITCHEN TEAM MEMBERS!
SAN ANTONIO, TX
>>> NEW Location Opening SOON! <<<
Positions available for:
LINE COOKS, PREP COOKS and DISHWASHERS
Full Time or Part Time, Day Shift or Night Shift, Flexible Hours!
At Black Bear Diner, we have been serving Good Old Fashioned Family Food since 1995. We are a fun, family-friendly concept known for our great homemade food, large portions and genuine, friendly service.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Training and learning opportunities
- Full-time and part-time positions
- Flexible schedules
- Discounted meals
- Career advancement opportunities within a growing company
- The opportunity to work with an amazing team
As a Team member, you'll be responsible for ensuring our guests have a positive and friendly experience. We’re looking for FOH Restaurant team members that are able to provide friendly, prompt, individualized service that creates a dining experience so positive that all guests will want to return.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Possess verbal and language skills to understand and communicate with guests.
• Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver plates of food, as well as supplies weighing up to 10 pounds. Bussers need to be able to lift and transport bus tubs weighing up to 30 pounds.
Knowledge / Technical Expertise:
- Consistently prepare, cook, plate and finish all food items according to Black Bear Diner procedures and standards.
- Comply with all food safety requirements such as checking and maintaining temperature, dating and labeling products, rotating products so that oldest is used first.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, burners, ovens and refrigeration equipment.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Complete side work for station and shift.
- Close the kitchen correctly. Follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing stations and the kitchen.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
- Other Duties as assigned
Come join the team at this fast growing family dining concept!
No experience is necessary! All are welcome to interview. Training is provided. Helpful experience can include Line Cook, Prep Cook, Grill Cook, Fry Cook, Kitchen Staff, Pastry Chef, Pastry Cook, Baker, Sous Chef, Chef, Prep Person, Dishwasher, Dish Machine Operator (DMO), Food Runner, Expo, Busser/Bus Boy/Bus Girl/Bus Person, or another similar restaurant position.
Restaurant Kitchen/BOH jobs in San Antonio, TX area.