BLACK BEAR DINER
KITCHEN TEAM MEMBERS!
LINE COOK: $13 - $16 per hour*
PREP COOK/FOOD PREP: $12 - $14 per hour*
*Negotiable based on experience
$200 for BOH Team Members - Cooks & Preps
Paid half after 30 days of employment, and half after 90 days of employment.
Full Time or Part Time, Day Shift or Night Shift, Flexible Hours!
At Black Bear Diner, we have been serving Good Old Fashioned Family Food since 1995. We are a fun, family-friendly concept known for our great homemade food, large portions and genuine, friendly service.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Training and learning opportunities
- Full-time and part-time positions
- Flexible schedules
- Discounted meals
- Career advancement opportunities within a growing company
- The opportunity to work with an amazing team
- Must be patient, enthusiastic and have a good sense of humor
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure and multi-task
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Previous cooking, prep cook or line cook experience is required.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver plates of food, as well as supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
Knowledge / Technical Expertise:
- Consistently prepare, cook, plate and finish all food items according to Black Bear Diner procedures and standards.
- Comply with all food safety requirements such as checking and maintaining temperature, dating and labeling products, rotating products so that oldest is used first.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, burners, ovens and refrigeration equipment.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Complete side work for station and shift.
- Close the kitchen correctly. Follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing stations and the kitchen.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
- Other Duties as assigned
Come join the team at this fast growing family dining concept!
No experience is necessary! All are welcome to interview. Training is provided. Helpful experience can include Line Cook, Prep Cook, Grill Cook, Fry Cook, Kitchen Staff, Pastry Chef, Pastry Cook, Baker, Sous Chef, Chef, Prep Person, Dishwasher, Dish Machine Operator (DMO), Food Runner, Expo, Busser/Bus Boy/Bus Girl/Bus Person, or another similar restaurant position.
Restaurant BOH kitchen jobs in Owasso, OK.