BJ’S RESTAURANT & BREWHOUSE
is seeking HIGH-VOLUME FOH MANAGERS!
Opportunities available in:
REDMOND, TACOMA + TUKWILA / SOUTHCENTER
(Suburban Seattle area)
$60,000 to $75,000* + Quarterly Bonus Potential
*Negotiable, based upon experience
Manager Perks & Benefits:
- Lucrative compensation package
- Growing company with 200+ restaurants and several new restaurant openings yearly across the country
- Career advancement and leadership conferences and development programs
- Comprehensive benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance and 401K
- Paid vacation time
- Culture that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion with our WeCAN & IDEA groups
- Community involvement and philanthropy – We love giving back to our communities!
- Quarterly bonus potential
- Daily Pay - On demand access to earned pay
- Fun environment
- Relocation opportunities throughout the country and More!
What is BJ’s Restaurants and Brewhouse?
We are an award-winning, casual dining restaurant that started as a pizzeria in 1978 in Santa Ana, CA. Since that time, we have opened over 214 restaurants across the U.S. and are on the journey to more than doubling our size. We are an exciting growing brand known for our trademarked Pizookie. We offer 140 menu items that includes pizza, salads, appetizers, sandwiches, soups, pastas, entrees, and craveable desserts, including our famous Pizookies, all created in a scratch kitchen. With our wide menu selection, combined with our award-winning crafted beer, made in one of our five breweries across the United States, it’s no surprise we have been recognized as one of the hottest restaurants in America.
We operate at the Gold Standard of operational excellence by instilling a culture of discipline, daily shift execution, and exceptional guest service into our managers, team members, and Restaurant Support Staff. We believe in CRAFT: connection, respect, advancement, fun, and trust. We strive to create an inclusive, safe and fun workplace where our team members have an opportunity to make a difference in our communities every day. About our team:
Over 95% of GMs and EKMs are promoted from within. We offer Gold Standard training programs designed to help you master your role and grow your career. All Director of Operations and above are promoted from within. We strive to promote 40% of our brand new Managers with no previous management experience from within our hourly ranks.
Restaurant Manager Summary:
The Senior Restaurant Manager is responsible for managing all functions of the restaurant during opening, mid or closing shifts. Key responsibilities include hiring, managing, supervising and training restaurant team members and ensuring a Gold Standard guest experience.
All management positions at BJ’s Restaurants are classified as exempt. As an exempt manager, you must spend more than 50% of your time performing managerial duties and must regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion on matters of consequence to the restaurant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Open / Mid-Day / Closing duties
- Conduct daily briefings on matters of importance to the team
- Manage all necessary repair and maintenance issues
- Manage the Restaurant Risk Review audit process and implement necessary changes
- Manage local restaurant marketing, sales building, and community involvement
- Facilitate and participate in Continued Education Program
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Company policies and laws
- Make recommendations concerning development, promotion, and disciplinary action affecting team members
- Make hiring and termination recommendations to General Manager
- Cooperate with Team Member Relations Department and management team in investigating Team Member Hotline and Restaurant Support Center inquiries relating to restaurant
Food & Beverage Execution:
- Ensure safety and sanitation in the restaurant
- Monitor food and beverage quality and execution to ensure compliance with BJ’s standards
- Conduct Quarterly Food Reviews
- Prepare and receive orders of food and beverages
- Conduct weekly inventories to ensure that proper levels are stocked and to assess ordering patterns and changes
- Monitor and validate daily prep production
Team Member Relations:
- Coach, mentor, and discipline hourly team members
- Monitor facilitate team member recognition
Service Execution and Guest Relations:
- Train, coach and develop team members to ensure they are providing Gold Standard service to BJ’s guests
- Manage guest relations and guest recovery
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years high volume restaurant management experience
- High personal integrity, professionalism and maturity
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- Ability to motivate and direct team members and work effectively in management team
- Strong understanding of goals and objectives
- Good communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency in a high-performance, fast paced environment
- Exceptional guest service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to speak, read and write English- Ability to stand and walk around a restaurant to supervise operations for 8-10 hours
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, and raise arms above head on occasion
Are you passionate about craft beer, great food, and providing an all-around "WOW" experience for guests? If yes, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will have experience as a full-service General Manager (GM), Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Service Manager, Banquet Manager, FOH Manager, Culinary Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Assistant General Manager (AGM), Senior Dining Room Manager or another similar restaurant management position.
Restaurant management jobs in/near Redmond, Tacoma and Tukwila, WA (Seattle area).