TACO JOHN'S is hiring in the
GREATER GRAND RAPIDS AREA!
3 NEW West Michigan Locations Opening Soon:
CALEDONIA, HUDSONVILLE + WYOMING, MI
Have you heard?!? Taco John’s is coming to West Michigan! This is your chance to get in on the ground floor! Come be part of an exciting brand with great hours, great pay, and amazing growth potential. Meritage Hospitality Group, one of the nation’s premier restaurant operators and the newest Taco John’s franchisee is building new locations in West Michigan as part of our exclusive, multi-state development agreement with Taco John’s. If you have at least 6 months of experience in a retail or restaurant setting and great leadership potential, we want to talk to you about this great opportunity!
- Up to $16 per hour depending on experience
- Amazing opportunities for professional growth and development
- Medical and vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Meal discounts
- Paid time off after meeting eligibility requirements
- Get paid weekly or take advantage of PayActiv for daily pay
- A fun work environment
- Casual dress code (jeans and company provided shirt)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Our Shift Managers provide daily leadership and mentoring to team members to ensure the restaurant meets operational goals. On our team, you'll be invested in as you develop your restaurant leadership skills. We have a Shift Manager development program designed to provide you with the training and experience you need to advance your career with Taco John’s.
- Train and monitor tasks performed by Crew Members to ensure quality, service, and cleanliness
- Ensure all food safety procedures are executed appropriately
- Assist in handling customer complaints and issues
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly administrative duties and reports
- Attend meetings requested by General Manager or District Manager
- Develop leadership skills and grow within the organization
WHAT'S REQUIRED FOR THE ROLL:
- Exhibit leadership and model our values
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- At least 6 months of prior experience in restaurant, retail or customer service focused environment
- Be able to multi-task while maintaining composure, give and take direction, work well in a team environment, and have a strong service focus
- Have or be willing to obtain ServSafe certification by end of training
- Ability to work full time and a combination of days, nights, and weekends for a total of up to five days each week
- Have excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
WHO WE ARE:
Meritage Hospitality Group, headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, is one of the nation’s premier restaurant operators with more than 350 restaurants operating in 16 states. We are one of the largest Wendy’s franchisees and soon to be the largest franchisee of Taco John's. In addition to quick service restaurants, we have developed West Michigan casual dining concepts Stan’s Tacos and Morning Belle. Each of our concepts deliver a distinct dining experience for our guests and a work environment rich with opportunity for our approximately 11,000 team members.
At Meritage, we are Inspired by Opportunity and Achieve Success Through Service. We live by our five Core Values – Uncommon Hospitality, Run It Like You Own It, Collective Genius, The Sky is the Limit, and We Love What We Do. In the past five years, we have doubled in size and are projected to double in size again in the next five years with continued Wendy's growth, further development of our West Michigan concepts, and an explosion of new growth with Taco John's in up to 6 states. Now is the time to join!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Inclusion is at the heart of our business.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Shift Manager, Floor Manager, Shift Lead, Shift Supervisor, Team Lead, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, FOH Manager, Banquet Manager, Service Manager, or another restaurant or retail management position.
Restaurant management jobs in Caledonia, Hudsonville, and Wyoming, MI.