DENNY'S is Hiring!
Position & Pay Range:
SHIFT MANAGERS - $15.54 to $16.68 per Hour*
*Negotiable based on experience.
These opportunities are available in:
At Denny’s, we love feeding people. If you have a passion for food and people, see what your future can hold at Denny’s! We are the industry leader in the full service segment of family style restaurants. There are nearly 1700 company owned and franchise restaurants. While Denny's is totally committed to our guests' satisfaction, we realize this can be accomplished only through employees with the same level of commitment. We are seeking friendly individuals with a passion for great food, good service and good times!
Shift Supervisor Job Summary:
As a Shift Supervisor, you are responsible for the supervision of Crew Members and proper execution of restaurant operations on a shift. Additional responsibilities include focus on employee retention, continuous operational improvement, understanding profit and loss statements, operating plans, and cost management. This position must have a strong commitment to guest satisfaction.
Shift Supervisor Job Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to prepare and interpret business reports and schedules, analyze data and develop solutions to ensure operating goals are achieved
- Assists the General Manager by overseeing assigned shifts, monitoring brand standards execution and adherence, and directs hourly staff to achieve guest service standards in a clean and pleasant environment
- Develops and coaches hourly employees on brand standards, policies and procedures, and other guest focused programs/activities
- Works with the General Manager to attract, hire, onboard, and retain competitive hourly talent to meet staffing requirements
- Brings employee relations issues, deviations from brand standards, and other guest issues to the attention of the General Manager and recommends and participates in the execution of corrective action
- Ensures proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas
- Works to create and maintain an enjoyable and respectful environment for our guests and employees
- Addresses and resolves customer complaints and requests promptly and in a courteous manner
- Follows management cash handling, inventory and other operational procedures as outlined in Denny’s brand standards
- Completes all other tasks and duties as assigned
- Willingness to assist others without being asked
- Adhere to all stage, county or municipal regulations pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
Shift Supervisor Job Requirements Include:
- Must be able to lift and carry trays or supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate point of sale system and differentiate between monetary denominations
- Must be able to serve all Denny’s menu products
- Ability to work around potentially hazardous chemicals
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in confined work area
- Must have the ability to work inside and/or outside
- Must be able to stand the duration of a 4 to 10 hour shift
- Two or more years’ experience in restaurant, hospitality or retail management
- Strong organizational skills with excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Has proven the ability to solve problems and handle high stress situations
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings and travel when needed
- Licensed to operate an automobile without restrictions
- Must have reliable transportation
We are the industry leader in the full service segment of family style restaurants. There are nearly 1700 company owned and franchise restaurants. While Denny's is totally committed to our guests' satisfaction, we realize this can be accomplished only through employees with the same level of commitment.
Helpful experience can include Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Shift Supervisor, Shift Leader, Restaurant Leader, Floor Manager, Counter Manager, or another restaurant leadership or management position.n.
Restaurant Manager jobs in North Dallas / Grapevine, TX.