HMSHOST / SCREEN DOOR RESTAURANT
is seeking HIGH-VOLUME SOUS CHEFS
to join our team at the PORTLAND AIRPORT!
$60,000 to $65,000 Annually DOE + Bonus Potential Up To 20% Quarterly
Screen Door is located within PDX.
HMSHost operates Quick Service, Bar, Casual Dining, and Fine Dining Restaurants. Master valuable skills. Assume greater responsibility and experience career satisfaction with HMSHost. Recognized as industry leaders, we create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. HMSHost will provide you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as a professional at our many branded restaurants.
Master valuable skills, assume greater responsibility and experience career satisfaction with HMSHost. Recognized as industry leaders, we create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. HMSHost will provide you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as a professional at our many branded restaurants.
SOUS CHEF BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Highly Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- Flexible Daycare & Health Spending Accounts
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Time Off, Meals, Parking & More!
SOUS CHEF SUMMARY: The Sous Chef assists with overseeing a kitchen with difficult to complex operations and managing the kitchen’s food and production processes. This position participates in the preparation, seasoning and cooking of food, supervises kitchen staff, and performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned Management of which associate is capable of performing. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Restaurant Chef, depending on local requirements.
- Assists in supervising the day to day activities of kitchen staff, assigns responsibilities for specified work, and sets deadlines to ensure the timely completion of work
- Promotes safety and sanitation, inspects all food products handling, establishes and maintains safe practices, and follows HACCP procedures
- Assists with menu planning, inventory, and managing of supplies
- Maintains effective cost control, service and quality standards to produce maximum sales and profits
- Complies with company and franchise standards of operation procedures, as well as those of all applicable regulatory agencies, and ensures on a daily basis that all products are prepared and presented in accordance with brand or company standards
- May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues
- Provides recommendations for hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other status change of associates within the kitchen
- Maintains effective communication and positive associate relations by ensuring all associate activities are performed in a timely and professional manner, to include performance reviews, progressive discipline, resolving associate relations issues, managing incentive programs, and executing management and associate development programs as defined by the Restaurant Manager
- Provides the highest quality of customer service to the customers at all times, to include ensuring the proper training of all staff and supporting associates to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma; post-secondary culinary training preferred; brand certification a plus
- Requires previous experience with kitchen operations and staff supervision
- Must be certified in ServSafe Management certification course
- Demonstrates team management, delegation, issue resolution, coaching skills and ability to motivate others and act as a change agent
- Demonstrates organization and multi-project time/issue management
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
We would love to hear from you!
Recent high-volume experience is required. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Chef, Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Executive Chef, Culinary Manager, Kitchen Manager, Executive Kitchen Manager, or another similar BOH/HOH culinary management position.
Minimum Age: 18 or older
Job Type: Full-time
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)
- Drug Free Workplace
Restaurant Sous Chef jobs in Portland, Oregon.